Troy, N.Y. — The Spartans spoiled the Sage's season finale as they collected a 9-0 win. The victory puts Castleton at 10-4 on the year, while Sage wraps the season with a 1-12 record.
After taking all three doubles matches, the Spartans were paced by senior Sam Levine's win at No. 1 singles over Sage's Rob Hansen, 6-1, 6-2. At No. 6 singles, junior Matt Trombley was pushed by Rick Butt as the match was decided in a super tie-breaker. Butt took set one, 6-2, but Trombley took set two, 7-6 (7-4), before winning the super breaker, 10-7.
The Spartans return to action this weekend when they take part in the NAC Tournament, hosted by top seed Colby-Sawyer.
1. Will Levine (CST) def. Hansen, Rob (SAGEMEN) 6-1, 6-2
2. Mike Glasser (CST) def. Hilton, Mike (SAGEMEN) 6-4, 6-3
3. Adam McCaffrey (CST) def. Beaudin, Gerard (SAGEMEN) 6-3, 6-0
4. Zac Conlogue (CST) def. Alvarado, Sean (SAGEMEN) 6-0, 6-0
5. Corey Kimball (CST) def. Alvarado, Cory (SAGEMEN) 6-1, 6-1
6. Matt Trombley (CST) def. Butt, Rick (SAGEMEN) 2-6, 7-6 (7-4), 10-7
1. Mike Glasser/Adam McCaffrey (CST) def. Hansen, Rob/Hilton, Mike (SAGEMEN) 8-4
2. Zac Conlogue/Will Levine (CST) def. Beaudin, Gerard/Alvarado, Sean (SAGEMEN) 8-4
3. Corey Kimball/Matt Trombley (CST) def. Alvarado, Cory/Castillo, Mark (SAGEMEN) 8-2